Cinema Seattle is a non-profit, membership driven organization dedicated to enriching the cultural landscape of the Pacific Northwest through the cinematic arts. In addition to producing the Seattle International Film Festival, Cinema Seattle offers exceptional year-round programming with Talking Pictures and Screenwriters Salon.
We rely on the support of our members-and you-to sustain and grow the Pacific Northwest's premier, non-profit organization devoted to the Film Arts.
More than 85% of our revenues come from membership and ticket sales alone. By joining Cinema Seattle you'll enjoy great films, all year long, for free.
PORTIONS OF ALL MEMBERSHIPS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE. FOR THE SPECIFIC MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS OF EACH LEVEL, PLEASE REFER TO OUR MEMBERSHIP BROCHURE OR TO OUR WEBSITE, WWW.SEATTLEFILM.COM
Last year, our members attended special preview screenings of films like THE LIFE OF DAVID GALE followed by a Q&A with actor Kevin Spacey, ASSASSINATION TANGO followed by a Q&A with Robert Duvall, THE QUIET AMERICAN, FAR FROM HEAVEN, and INSOMNIA, long before the general public. Cinema Seattle members also save on festival tickets and receive year-round benefits, as well as special offers from local merchants, festival posters, programs and more. Not only do you get to enjoy great member benefits year-round, but your membership dollars assist us in producing the Seattle International Film Festival and Festival Forums.
All Membership Levels Include:
- Members only days at the SIFF box office (First chance to buy tickets and redeem vouchers before the general public).
- Members only line at the SIFF box office (Express ticket line exclusively for Cinema Seattle members).
- Members only discounts on SIFF Full Series Passes, Film Buff 20-Packs, Cinematic 6-Packs, Filmmakers Forum passes, Secret Festival Passes and Single Show Tickets.
- Free members only screenings.
- Members only SIFF special advance previews.
- Members only discounts on all SIFF and Cinema Seattle T-shirts, Posters, Caps, Sweatshirts and other merchandise.
- Free year-round preview screenings of first-run Hollywood, Art-House and Foreign Films. All preview screening passes good for two.
- Free admission to our Screenwriters Salon.
- Free subscription to our quarterly film journal REEL NEWS.
- Free Subscription to our e-newsletter, CINEMAIL: a semimonthly calendar and round up of local, national and international film news and events.
FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION ON CINEMA SEATTLE CALL (206) 464-5830 OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.SEATTLEFILM.COM.
CINEMA SEATTLE YEAR-ROUND
Cinema Seattle provides innovative and distinctive film programs throughout the year. Committed to educational programs that provide our members with information and opportunities in the film arena, we are dedicated to the exploration of cinema as an art form. Our year-round film program celebrates, explores, studies, examines, and debates films and the filmmaking arts.
The Screenwriters Salon is a public forum for the craft of screenwriting. Each year we present panel discussions, film programs and staged script readings for screenwriters and film enthusiasts alike, encouraging interaction and open discussion on all manner of issues and topics; ultimately, Cinema Seattle creates an open dialogue with local and national screenwriters as well as scholars, teachers, filmmakers and critics. Past program participants have included Kimberly Peirce (BOYS DON'T CRY), Sherman Alexie (SMOKE SIGNALS), Robinson Devor (THE WOMAN CHASER), Christopher McQuarrie (THE USUAL SUSPECTS), Randall Wallace (BRAVEHEART), Stewart Stern (REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE) and Jim Taylor (ABOUT SCHMIDT).
Talking Pictures provides a forum for smart, provocative conversation about films, featuring extended post-screening discussions, lectures by local and national film critics and luminaries, special-topic film programs, and educational events for students of all ages.